Your use of Chronos software is based on the terms of the software license in effect for the software at the time of purchase. You will be asked to agree to the terms of the applicable license at the time that you install the software. Please be aware, however, that your purchase is subject to the particular license that accompanies the software and you must agree to the terms and conditions of that license when you install and use the software. That license may differ from the licenses you can review here.
- Individual License. This license is for a single user. The user may use the software on multiple devices.
- Family License. This license is for up to five individual users in a single household. These users may use the software on multiple devices.
- Multi-User. This license if is for multiple users (limited by user pack size purchased). These users may use the software on multiple devices.
Software License Agreement
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("LICENSE") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE. BY USING THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE, YOU MAY RETURN THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU OBTAINED IT FOR A REFUND. IF THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE WAS ACCESSED ELECTRONICALLY, CLICK "DISAGREE/DECLINE". FOR CHRONOS SOFTWARE INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF HARDWARE, YOU MUST RETURN THE ENTIRE HARDWARE/SOFTWARE PACKAGE IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A REFUND.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This software may be used to reproduce materials. It is licensed to you only for reproduction of non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials you are authorized or legally permitted to reproduce. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, you should contact your legal advisor.
1. General. The software (including all content), documentation and any included clip art, images, templates, fonts, etc. (the “Supporting Materials”) accompanying the software whether on disk, in read only memory, on any other media or in any other form (collectively the "Chronos Software") are licensed, not sold, to you by Chronos Inc. ("Chronos") for use only under the terms of this License, and Chronos reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. The rights granted herein are limited to Chronos' and its licensors' intellectual property rights in the Chronos Software and do not include any other patents or intellectual property rights. You own the media on which the Chronos Software is recorded but Chronos and/or Chronos' licensor(s) retain ownership of the Chronos Software itself. The terms of this License will govern any software upgrades or Supporting Materials provided by Chronos that replace and/or supplement the original Chronos Software product, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. Trial License. If you are using the trial version of the Chronos Software, this License allows you to install and use the Chronos Software on any number of machines for the sole purpose of evaluating the Chronos Software. The trial version of the Chronos Software expires thirty (30) days after the date you first launch the Chronos Software.
B. Individual License. This License allows you to install and use the Chronos Software (whether trial or full version) on any number of computers provided that the Chronos Software is not used by anyone other than you. This License does not allow you to make the Chronos Software available over a network where it can be used by others.
C. Family Pack License. This License allows you and up to four (4) other persons who occupy the same household, for a total of five (5) persons, to install and use the Chronos Software on any number of computers provided that the Chronos Software is not used by anyone other than these five (5) persons. By "household" we mean a person or persons sharing the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. This license does not extend to students who reside at a separate on-campus location or to business or commercial users. You may not make the Chronos Software available over a network where it can be used by anyone other than these five (5) persons.
D. Multi-User License. This License allows a restricted number of persons, based on the total number of purchased licenses (“License Quantity”), to install and use the Chronos Software on any number of computers provided that the Chronos Software is not used by anyone other than these persons. The License Quantity permitted under this License is specified on your purchase receipt if purchased from Chronos or can be found on the License Key label packaged with the Chronos Software if purchased from a reseller. You may not make the Chronos Software available over a network where it can be used by anyone other than these persons.
E. Backup Copies. Multiple copies of the Chronos Software may be made in machine-readable form or printed form for backup purposes; provided that a) the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the original; and b) the backup copy is not used by anyone other than those persons permitted by this license to use the software.
F. Supporting Materials: The Chronos Software may contain numerous Supporting Materials (included but not limited to clip art, images, fonts, templates, etc) that are either owned by Chronos or licensed from a third party. All such Supporting Materials are copyright and are for your own personal use. You may NOT resell, sublicense or otherwise make available the Supporting Materials for use or distribution.
i. Clip Art and Photo Images: The Chronos Software may contain numerous clip art images and photo images (collectively known hereafter as “Images”) that are either owned by Chronos or licensed from a third party. You are free to use, modify and publish the Images as you wish subject to the restrictions set out in this section. If you are uncertain about your rights to use any material, you should contact your legal advisor.
You may incorporate any Image(s) into your own original work and publish, display and distribute your work in any media provided that you include a copyright notice in any electronic or digital work reflecting on the copyright ownership of both you, Chronos and its licensors as follows and subject to the restrictions that follow: “Copyright © 2017 [your name] and its licensors. All rights reserved.”
You may NOT, however, resell, sublicense or otherwise make available the Image(s) for use or distribution separately or detached from a product or Web page. For example, the Image(s) may be used as part of a Web page design, but may not be made available for downloading separately or in a format designed or intended for permanent storage or re-use by others. Similarly, clients may be provided with copies of the Image(s) (including digital files) as an integral part of a work product, but may not be provided with the Image(s) or permitted to use the Image(s) separately or as part of any other product.
You may NOT a) create scandalous, obscene, defamatory or immoral works using the Image(s) nor use the Image(s) for any other purpose which is prohibited by law; b) use or permit the use of the Image(s) or any part thereof as a trademark or service mark, or claim any proprietary rights of any sort in the Image(s) or any part thereof; c) use the Image(s) in electronic format, on-line or in multimedia applications unless the Image(s) are incorporated for viewing purposes only and no permission is given to download and/or save the Image(s) for any reason; d) use any Image(s) except as expressly permitted by this License; and e) use the Image(s) related to identifiable individuals, products or entities for any commercial purpose or in a manner which suggests their association with or endorsement of any product or service.
ii. Fonts. You may use the Chronos and third party fonts (“Fonts”), contained in or otherwise included with the Chronos Software, on a royalty-free basis, to create your own original designs or projects using The Software. You may broadcast and/or distribute your own designs or projects that were created using the Fonts, however, individual fonts may not be commercially or otherwise distributed on a standalone basis, nor may they be repackaged in whole or in part as font collections or font families.
Except as and only to the extent expressly permitted in this License or by applicable law, you may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Chronos Software or any part thereof. THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES OR OTHER EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
3. Transfer. You may not rent, lease, lend or sublicense the Chronos Software including Supporting Materials. You may, however, make a one-time permanent transfer of all of your license rights to the Chronos Software (in its original form as provided by Chronos) to another party, provided that: (a) the transfer must include all of the Chronos Software, including all its component parts, original media, printed materials, Supporting Materials and this License; (b) you do not retain any copies of the Chronos Software, full or partial (except copies of Supporting Materials incorporated into your work product as permitted under this License), including copies stored on a computer or other storage device; and (c) the party receiving the Chronos Software reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License. All components of the Chronos Software are provided as part of a bundle and may not be separated from the bundle and distributed as standalone applications or components.
Updates: If a Chronos Software update completely replaces (full install) a previously licensed version of the Chronos Software, you may not use both versions of the Chronos Software at the same time nor may you transfer them separately.
NFR (Not for Resale) Copies: Notwithstanding other sections of this License, Chronos Software labeled or otherwise provided to you on a promotional basis may only be used for demonstration, testing and evaluation purposes and may not be resold or transferred.
Academic Copies: If the Chronos Software package has an academic label or if you acquired the Chronos Software at an academic discount, you must be an Eligible Educational End User to use the Chronos Software. "Eligible Educational End Users" means students, faculty, staff and administration attending and/or working at an educational institutional facility (i.e., college campus, public or private K-12 schools).
4. Termination. This License is effective until terminated. Your rights under this License will terminate automatically without notice from Chronos if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this License. Upon the termination of this License, you shall cease all use of the Chronos Software and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Chronos Software.
5. Limited Warranty on Media. Chronos warrants the media on which the Chronos Software is recorded and delivered by Chronos to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of original retail purchase. Your exclusive remedy under this Section shall be, at Chronos’ option, a refund of the purchase price of the product containing the Chronos Software or replacement of the Chronos Software which is returned to Chronos or an Chronos authorized representative with a copy of the receipt. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THE MEDIA INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE TO YOU AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES (IF ANY) CREATED BY ANY DOCUMENTATION OR PACKAGING. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY BY JURISDICTION.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY ON MEDIA SET FORTH ABOVE AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND CHRONOS AND CHRONOS' LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS "CHRONOS" FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 6 AND 7) HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. CHRONOS DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY CHRONOS OR AN CHRONOS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Chronos has no obligation to issue any updates, revisions, corrections, new versions or documentation for the Chronos Software or otherwise to support the Chronos Software. Chronos reserves the right at any time to alter prices, features, specifications, capabilities, functions, licensing terms, release dates, general availability or other characteristics of the Chronos Software.
7. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL CHRONOS BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE CHRONOS SOFTWARE, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF CHRONOS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Chronos' total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of the price you paid or fifty dollars ($50.00), whichever is lower. The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
8. Export Law Assurances. You may not use or otherwise export or reexport the Chronos Software except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Chronos Software was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Chronos Software may not be exported or re-exported (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any U.S. embargoed countries (currently Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria), or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Chronos Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
9. Government End Users. The Chronos Software and related documentation are "Commercial Items", as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation", as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
10. Controlling Law and Severability. This License will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Utah between Utah residents. This License shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this License shall continue in full force and effect.
11. Complete Agreement; Governing Language. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Chronos Software licensed hereunder and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by Chronos. Any translation of this License is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English versions, the English version of this License shall govern.
12. Third Party Acknowledgements. Portions of the Chronos Software utilize or include third party software and other copyrighted material. Acknowledgements, licensing terms and disclaimers for such material are contained in the “online” electronic documentation for the Chronos Software, or may otherwise accompany such material, and your use of such material is governed by their respective terms.